Apps sometimes ignore MBP mute!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Weird problem, I've had this happen a few times now. On my MacBook PRo, my volume will be full blast. I'll then press F3 to mute it, and it shows it muting and all. Then I'll launch iTunes, hit play, and the volume is full blast again! It's done that before as well in school. I've muted it, then launched entourage in the middle of a lecture and it blasts out that startup chime. It's only done it a few times, but has anyone else encountered this, or is it just a setting I'm missing? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
Hmmm i have never noticed this b4... but if it continues to do this just manuly mute it with turning the voume down cuz if you press the mute butten after having the volume at high then when you press it again it will go back to being at high where as if you manuly brought the voume down to 0 then this will never happen

OP
E
Reaction score
That's true, pain but good for class and such. Aparantly its a known issue with 10.4.6 I found out after posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.