Help! My iPhone 7 overheating

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why my iPhone 7 (128GB,AT&T) has been getting extremely hot and why the battery is draining really fast. I'm starting to think I have a defective iPhone. Is anyone else experiencing this? I updated to iOS 10.2.1 last night and it was hot enough to burn my hand.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would say that you need to have Apple look at your iPhone 7. If the phone was getting hot enough to burn your hand, you need to immediately stop using it and get it repaired.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I don't know what's going on with my iPhone, I will go to Apple store near my home.

Reaction score
Is it getting hot at the time of playing games and surfing internet? Or it gets hot automatically?
Mine also get hot when I play games for long period of time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've read reports in other places that the "exploding iPhone 7+" is bogus. I guess we'll have to wait to see what Apple says about it. Of course if it's real, Apple will never admit to it. It's a Samsung plot! :Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 10.6.7/ 3.06GHZ IPhone 4S, IPad4 retina
My iPhone 7 started heating up and became unresponsive. Couldn't turn it off. I let it sit until the battery ran done and it cooled off

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you still are within your Apple care warranty (one year unless you purchased Apple care plus, then two years), I suggest letting Apple look at it. You may have had an app that was running wild and causing the battery to overheat. By the way, the only item in your iPhone that could cause it to overheat is the battery. Don't mess with it, take it to Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.