Wot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
World of trust? We use it on Firefox, or have done until today when our Firefox browser came up with a wrning strongly advising us to disable it. This I have done, at least for now. I also founs the web site below

http://news.thewindowsclub.com/web-of-trust-wot-add-on-taken-down-86981/

Anyone know what the situation is with it? If they are flogging off info as is said then isn't that a bit naughty!!!? Or am I just being a bit nieve?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, it looks like the "Web Of Trust" was not being very trustworthy John. Best not to use it all. Only two things in this world we can trust John... and that is we have to pay our taxes and some day the undertaker will take care of us. :[

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I just had a thought Chas. I could write a song about death and taxes because they are the 2 certainties in this life and the last is you ain't going to get out of it alive!! ;);)

And that's no matter how much money you have! :'(

Maybe they should rename themselves 'Wot next,' or 'Wot for', or even better 'Why, just give yer cash'?:Oops::Oops:

Anyone else got some good names for these lovely honest open people? :D

As an aside on the taxman

Enjoy, this is my eara!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbQiVQuiu04

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I could write a song about death and taxes because they are the 2 certainties in this life and the last is you ain't going to get out of it alive!!

There must be thousands on thousands of Western cowboy songs already written on those topics and a few more thousands with the addition of their cat dying and their dog died to top off the list even further. ;)

But maybe there's room for another relating to the tech side of things…

- Patrick
==========

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This has come up a while back on here Harry and I ditched it then, but it's no bad thing to post it again. Lots will probably have missed it before mate.

It's a shame because it seemed a good idea, at the time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Life is full of 'good idea at the time' instances, John!

The older you get the more you encounter 'em!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.