How to delete contacts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPad & iPhone
I need to sell my iPhone SE because I have difficulty in using it due to impaired eyesight owing to macular degeneration. I need to delete all my 200 contacts on the Contact App. How can I delete all in one fell swoop without having to delete each one in turn? That would take me ages. I don't want my iMac and iPad to be affected.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you ferrarr. That worked fine. I still have Passcode on the iPhone. Should I leave it there and inform the purchaser or delete it? How do I delete it? Many thanks for your help.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
jeramy

If you've erased all content on your iPhone as set out in the detailed instructions ferraro linked to you, then there is no passcode.

This link, if you read all the way through it, explains what do do and, most importantly, why. I quote this from the article: "If the passcode lock screen or the Home screen appears, the device hasn't been erased."

Link:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201365

Ian

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your assistance. It worked out fine in the end and I am my way to selling my iPhone on ebay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.