Why are my iPhones psychotic???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook
Apple's biggest benefit used to be simplicity of use, but lately everything is overly complicated & a pain. I've been using Apple products since the very beginning, but I'm about ready to throw away my iPhones! Life is too damned short!

I bought two 2016 Fords & the dealers can't get Ford's Sync 3 to work with either one of my iPhone 6's!. An update is due this next month for Ford's Apple Phone. It's "crap" to have two brand new new cars with phones that are psycho!!!! My iPhones engage Siri in the middle of the night when I'm asleep downloading Wikipedia & talking to the dark! When I try to make a call the my new cars the iPhones say, "Call cannot be made because you are not connected to the internet!!!!!!!" I'm in my damned car, not on the internet! Then my iPhones have to be re-synced every single time I turn off the car! No kidding! OTHER THAN THAT THEY ARE JUST GREAT APPLE! I'd mention the other problems... but it would take hours! It's time to go back to a "flip phone" that will ACTUALLY work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Mr D you posted this last month so you have not moved on, just complained more.

Like others I would not have a Ford in my garage because software is so unpredictable with their electronics and this is such a good example. And you were hoinh back to that flip phone that makes phone calls last month also. Nothing changes.

It must annoy you living in Apple Valley when you have iPhone troubles, OS X.12.3 update problems, OS X.6.8 install problems etc.

OP
Mr. D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook
I'll stop complaining when Apple fixes its iPhones that don't work properly! I'm not the only one sick of spending money on phones that don't work properly! Too many "improvements that Apple can't control! Apple's making the money on me... not the other way around... so I get to *****! I went to Ford today & they are still waiting for a fix from Apple. You would think Apple would want to work better with America's largest auto company. Apple's latest upgrades seem to have caused the problems. My two iPhones & their 2016 Ford Sync system worked fine at first great & now they are totally unpredictable & barely useful at all! I'll wait a few more months & then goodbye to my iPhones! I need phones that actually work!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Apple can only control the products they make, not other companies products. If it worked before and you changed something before things were compatible, that is the issue. Should have left it as is. The issue, as I see it, is Ford has not updated their system to work with Apple's new iOS.

When enough people stop buying their products, they will notice, but I can't see that happening any time soon. People like to have the "latest and greatest" for justification.

M

MacInWin

Mr. D, my iPhones work perfectly in my cars. I have two Toyotas, we have two iPhones (hers and mine) and both work well in both cars, both to use as a hands-free phone and as an audio source wirelessly. And they have tolerated well multiple upgrades in the iOS version as well.

Let me break it to you gently. Ford is NOT waiting for a fix from Apple. They lied to you on that. Apple's stuff works well. Ford's doesn't. And Ford doesn't care because they can blame Apple when the few folks who care come in to complain.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Apple's biggest benefit used to be simplicity of use, but lately everything is overly complicated & a pain. I've been using Apple products since the very beginning, but I'm about ready to throw away my iPhones! Life is too damned short!

I bought two 2016 Fords & the dealers can't get Ford's Sync 3 to work with either one of my iPhone 6's!. An update is due this next month for Ford's Apple Phone. It's "crap" to have two brand new new cars with phones that are psycho!!!! My iPhones engage Siri in the middle of the night when I'm asleep downloading Wikipedia & talking to the dark! When I try to make a call the my new cars the iPhones say, "Call cannot be made because you are not connected to the internet!!!!!!!" I'm in my damned car, not on the internet! Then my iPhones have to be re-synced every single time I turn off the car! No kidding! OTHER THAN THAT THEY ARE JUST GREAT APPLE! I'd mention the other problems... but it would take hours! It's time to go back to a "flip phone" that will ACTUALLY work!

Have you considered that the iPhones may not be the problem...and the real problem may be the automobiles??

Didn't see you mention it (other than a Ford update is due next month)...but have you communicated with Ford to see if they can help you?

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, if Mr. D is unhappy with that brand new 2016 Turbo Charged Mustang, he can drive it here to Keller, Texas and drop it off at my house. I would be happy to test drive it with my iPhones along i35! :p :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.