Canoscan scanner problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have a Canoscan Lide 700r and for a long time there have not been any problems running it on my iMac running Yosemite. I scanned 100s of photos a couple of months back with no problems and on the same OS.

When I am scanning a load of photos, after the first scan it tells me that it's looking for the scanner. I disconnect/reconnect the usb cable and I can then scan the next time. It repeats it after each scn.

I have deleted the scanner and reinstalled it but no difference. It's running off of the Mac driver and as far as I can discern it is the newest driver. I read that this should be how it will run normally.

Has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening please? I still have a boat load of photos to scan!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Hi

I have a Canon Lide 220 and sometimes experienced the same problem as you (but not as often).

I stopped running the Canon software and instead scan via Image Capture. This seems to have resolved the issue for me.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Ta for the idea Nicky. I will see what it looks like with that. I have tried it vie the Scan1 option and that seems to be OK, but it doesn't do quite what I want.

I'll let you know how it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.