Tired of windows

W

weisel

I would like to have any comments from experienced imac users.Just tired of windows like the plus side of imac to windows is it as fast as windows.If i purchased the imac 1.83ghz intel core duo.Im completely new to imac.Can i do everything with imac that i can do with windows,and also will it work with stock trading accounts like scottrade. Any insite to help me would be appreciated thankss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
weisel said:
I would like to have any comments from experienced imac users.Just tired of windows like the plus side of imac to windows is it as fast as windows.If i purchased the imac 1.83ghz intel core duo.Im completely new to imac.Can i do everything with imac that i can do with windows,and also will it work with stock trading accounts like scottrade. Any insite to help me would be appreciated thankss
You do know that you can install windows on the core duo macs and dual boot right?

Reaction score
Depends on what you need to do. Mac can pretty much do anything Windows can without any trouble. However, keep in mind some programs are not avaliable for the Mac operating system. But like Texasmeat said...if you purchase an iMac Intel Core Duo you also have the ability to not only boot up OSX, but you can choose to boot up Windows XP.

As far as I know, you should not have any trouble accessing stock trading websites such as Scottrade. Just tell us what you need your Mac to be able to do and we can help you out. Best of luck!

OP
O

opium43

I know my banking website does not support anything but IE which IS available for but not supported by macosx - annoying, because safari (the macosx browser) is so much better and it's **** having to switch to IE just for banking. If you give me the stocks website you use I could see if safari works with it for you.

Unless you want to play hardware intensive games the imac is as powerful as any PC, and will allow you to do anything you can on your windows machine as fast if not faster. At the moment programs like ms office, adobe cs (photoshop etc), macromedia's products and alot of 3d programs don't support the intel processor. The programs will still run but untill (ms, adobe and macromedia have all said they will release intel versions soon) they support the intel run pretty slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.