C920 Webcam audio stutter/dropping (Facetime)

Reaction score
I have a C920 Webcam attached to my Mac Mini ((Late 2014) running Sierra, 1.4ghz, 4 gig ram).

The problem I'm trying to resolve is the audio stutter and the dropping of audio when facetiming. When connecting to the same person using my MacBook Pro, the audio and video is flawless.

The MacMini is hooked directly to the router via ethernet cord.

I've installed the Mac Drivers for the Logitech C920 camera.

thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

I would take it the MBP has a bigger faster CPU, better graphics card and more than 4GB of memory? On top of this the Iris Graphics card can take up to 1.5GB of the shared memory leaving not a lot. The 1.4GHz Mini is, in my opinion, a cheaper product deigned to compete in th market place with cheap PCs.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

You stated above that you installed Mac drivers but did you install the latest drivers for Sierra from here? If you have already installed the drivers for Sierra and you're still getting audio stutter and dropouts, I would suggest getting in touch with Logitech support. Explain to them that your MacBook Pro built in camera works fine and that it's just the C920.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.