Terminal USB Log - External Hard Drive Serial Number Retrieval

Reaction score
Is there a way to pull a log from terminal that shows my external USB devices and their serial numbers? If so, how about if it was last plugged in back in September 2016?

I gave two externals o a guy to extract bad data from one onto the other one. He was taking several weeks to get started, then it took a month to reach 26%....haven't heard from him since, and I've moved 8hrs away. I guess good faith agreements and hand-shake deals aren't worth a dime, even for a 50+year old "good ole boy" like him. I'm 37, so I've already formulated my own persona and style.

The bad one was a 1TB Seagate for which I have the SN for, however, I don't have the SN for the 2TB Seagate which the retrieved good files were going on.

1. Yes I know it was stupid of me to do so.
2. I would like to avoid any discussions of what a dumb and stupid idea it was of me to do this. (Thanks in advance!)
3. I'm a super noob in Terminal....

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.