Mac os 10.4.4 install to new hardrive via mac book pro for imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
get the other NBW message? Sometimes it is very true eh?

Yes thanks Harry, and very true like now as an example. :Evil: And hey, you got the Canadian eh connection correct as well eh???

PS and OT if you're interested in an article my eldest son in Whitehorse Yukon sent me that a friend of his in Skagway Alaska sent him who's been hearing a lot of the Eh expression eh.:
http://www.atlasobscura.com/article..._11_2017)&mc_cid=bfad8cb039&mc_eid=d6c400c3a2

SummermoonUK said:
Also that down load does not come up in my store when i sign in??

The two are not linked in any way and are separate things, but at this point I and probably others have no idea what it is you downloaded but it sure in H___ ain't no SL OS 10.6.x installer.

I would strongly suggest you get hold of an independent Apple tech in your area to help you with your problem.

It'll probably be your best investment and save you ending up with a doorstop. Or purchase the SL Installer from Apple and they'll probably deliver it right to your door or post box as suggested.

EDIT: Note to Harry:
If you like that "Why Do Canadians Say 'Eh'?" article you might enjoy the Bob & Doug McKenzie skits and very close to your "NBW message" type stuff, but with a Canadian twist: ;)
https://canadaalive.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/bob-doug-mckenzie-birth-of-canadiana-eh/

- Patrick
========

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I had seen the Twelve Dys of Christmas, abbreviated by the boys. Your eh? is somewhat similar to our 'anyhow'. So much so that a leading cigarette company used it as their advertising logo.

OP
S
Reaction score
Unfortunately the nearest apple store is 45 miles away. I dont drive and the imac is way to heavy to carry on a bus. That journey is 3to4 hours each way as it stops off at every stop too!

The local apple tech who wasnt apple registered took one look said its too old to fix!

I cant down load an apple os and burn it to a disk on a windows machine. Ive tried using various hacks etc. Didnt work.

I did buy the snow leopard as a download from the mac app store. However it only shows up in purchases when you sign in on a mac machine. You cant access the mac app store on a windows pc you can access the app store on a windows machine but then i cant burn the max os using the windows machine. My retail SL arrives tommorrow so i pray it will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The local apple tech who wasnt apple registered took one look said its too old to fix!

Forget any so called tech that would say that IMHO!!

My retail SL arrives tommorrow so i pray it will work.

Here's hoping, and good luck.

BTW: My wife is using my old mid 2007 24" iMac and with Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8 and it still works quite well for everything she does or needs to do with it.

- Patrick
==========

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your eh? is somewhat similar to our 'anyhow'. So much so that a leading cigarette company used it as their advertising logo.

I seem to recall some cigarettes being advertised up here when it was allowed many years ago with some such expression with Paul Hogan I believe. I don't think I really "got it", but they were enjoyable to watch. And yes, I used to smoke back then but finally quit in 2013 as I was heading for and scheduled for some serious super way oversized abdominal aorta replacement surgery.

I always love the Aussie accent, at least the ones I can understand, and especially the Nissan or was it Toyota "oh buggar" ads. I miss those.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's it. Crocodile Dundee was their front man - Winfield Cancer Sticks.

You keep telling us about downloading OS X.6. You buy it on DVD and there is not a copy for downloading in the App Store.

Go to Patrick's link post #16, open the UK page and buy £14.95. Note the 'Pickup'. Click on the blue and find out if you can pick it up. I wish I was 45 miles from an Apple Store ~ 250 miles each way. If that's too far just order and it will be posted. Forget the download there is no such legal thing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
especially the Nissan or was it Toyota "oh buggar" ads. I miss those.

Just to reminisce and in case you missed them…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ddNdWD_Fg&ab_channel=Holtam4eva

harryb2448 said:
Forget the download there is no such legal thing.

I'm wondering if perhaps they might be clicking on the wrong update:

"Overview
If you need to purchase Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, you can order it from this page.
The current version of the Mac operating system is macOS Sierra. To learn more, please click here
."
And clicking "here" takes one to the Sierra download. I have no idea though… and nothing but ????s…

Hopefully the SL Install disk arrives for them to use soon.

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
Yes it arrived and all kinda went well. Now some issue with safari being so out of date and no app store but found a download to get that working which it is. And making restores as i go. I am never going thru this again lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now some issue with safari being so out of date and no app store but found a download to get that working which it is

Wow!! Saturday delivery yet!! Nice. ;)

Just keep running the 10.6.x Software Update.app and restarting in between until it says you're up to date. It's sort of like building blocks, some need to be in place before the next ones get added.

ITunes may need it's own update done separately if its really needed.

And congratulations. ;)

- Patrick
==========

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well if you had asked we could have advised you to just download the OS X.6.8 Combo Update. An all in one fix. And the version of Safari is tied to the operating system. You just cannot run the latest version, 10.0.2, on OS X.6. The App Store will magically work when you get to OS X.6.6 or later, and you do need an Apple ID to use it. Been a long, difficult operation for all involved.

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399?locale=en_AU

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
we could have advised you to just download the OS X.6.8 Combo Update.

Good suggestion and if I recall correctly, sometimes the OS X.6.8 Combo Update was still required when things didn't always run or work quite properly after all the Software Updates had been done.

Been a long, difficult operation for all involved.
Maybe bookmark it for a reference to avoid if the same sort of question pops up again later. :Not-Amused: :Mischievous:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.