Organize Main/Important Files App or Method?

Reaction score
I work in different fields, and study various things as well, so I have a large number of folders and files neatly organized on my desktop for quick access and a bird's eye view of everything.

I know having files on the desktop isn't a good idea, especially for speed, but this way of organizing my files is highly useful. With all my folders and files organized in Finder as a list, things would be so much more complicated. With the icons view in Finder, it is a bit better, but still not as good as having your main/important files organized on the desktop.

Would anyone have suggestions such as methods or apps that can do something similar?

M

MacInWin

Well, one method is to move all those folders and files into the Documents or Home folder of your account, then put aliases for them on the desktop instead of the real folders and files. To do that, move them to wherever you want (not the desktop), and then right click, pick "Make Alias" and move the resulting alias to the desktop. When you click on the desktop alias, the real folder will open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.