Windows 10 on Boot Camp: Brightness and Sound issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I am using the latest version of Sierra on a 2015 MBP and I have Windows 10 installed via Boot Camp.

I installed the Windows Support Software files and everything is working correctly, but I feel like the brightness is just too low for some reason, at least compared to the brightness when on Mac or Windows via Parallels Desktop.

I also feel like the sound is way too low for my liking. Does anyone know why this is the case? I am on Windows 10 Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 if that helps.

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only suggestion I have is to look for updated Boot Camp drivers from Apple. Other than that, you can try going directly to the graphic chipmaker's web site and download the latest display driver for your MacBook Pro graphic chipset. You can always roll the driver back to the original if a new one doesn't work. As for sound, you'll have to depend entirely on what Apple has provided for the driver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.