Scan and WiFi Epson XP 760

Reaction score
Greetings

I have a new printer - an Epson XP 760. I'm running on Mavericks (2011 iMac)

On WiFi, I can print from the iMac without a problem. I hope to use VueScan for scanning purposes, but at the moment it is so slow as to be unusable. If I connect the printer by USB, scanning is fine, as you would expect..... This is also the case if I try to use the Epson scanning software.

As I say, printing works both via WiFi and when cabled. I wonder if anyone can hep me out here.

Does the computer talk directly to the printer/scanner or does this all work via the router? I am puzzled.

The iMac and the XP 760 are a mere four feet apart whilst the router is at some distance - I have 'Man Cave' in the garden. Is this the issue?

If not, what can I do to get the scanner to work via WiFi? My desk is cluttered enough!

Cheers Mitch

OP
Mitcherooney
Reaction score
After much head scratching and gnashing of teeth, I eventually deleted and then reinstalled the printer. Now working fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And for your info purposes... when on WiFi, your printer - scanner communicates via the router. Glad you got it working.

OP
Mitcherooney
Reaction score
Thanks for that chscag - I didn't know that - I just assumed that the iMac and the printer talked directly to each other. Learning stuff all the time. It still puzzles me why the printer worked and the scanner did not. Anyway, the glitch has now gone. Cheers Mitch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Because, as chscag said, it has to go via the router. It must be a much more complicated procedure than printing via wifi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.