Unclickable Gray Menus- can not BURN Discs for backup

C

Chester

Some body--Anybody. How do you reverse the unclickable Gray Menus? An example: Can not click "Burn Disc" or customize toolbar in the "Finder"
MAC Help only says to mget permission From System Administrater. It's my G4 I am the Administrater. So what do I do? Can Not back up my critical files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you repaired permissions using Disk Utility?

OP
C

Chester

Gray Menus/Disk utility

schweb said:
Have you repaired permissions using Disk Utility?[/QUOTE
Thanks. Yes I have done Disk Utility. I have also burned an itunes CD, so the hardware drive is fine. I have also gone into the general permissions to be certain that MY account is administrative. I am not certain exactly how to "restore" and have considered inserting the mac OS X software. Trouble is I Do Not wish to loose any existing files while doing so. One thing: I used Disk Copy and draged the Mac Draft to it. After 40 minutes I received and error when finished. I have Tech Pro 4 and it did say there was a invalid Map Node 1-800?? Problem with the Tech Pro is that there are NO self-explained repair commands. Even so I don't know if that has any relationship to my problem with unclickable "gray menus".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.