Problem installing osX 10.4

I

ighly

hello i´m portuguese mac user so ,sorry for the "bad" english , my problem is installing osx 10.4,when i click restart (to begin installation) nothing happens, the computer restarts and goes to mac osx ,the boot from the cd doesn´t work, i´ve try to press "c" and choose "mac os x istall disk" from de "initialization disk" menu with no success, can anyone help me ? i´m using ibook g4 1,33 ... other question ,can i change the owner name that appears in the window from "about this mac" menu "more info".

Thank you very much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Have you tried double-clicking the "Double click here to install Tiger" icon on the DVD?

Oh and welcome to the forums! :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Check for scratches on the disk, the bootable section may be damaged...

OP
I

ighly

the DVD is fine, when the os restarts appear in the middle of the screen a small icon flashing a face and a "?" symbol for about 30 min or less , than loads os x like usually !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That "?" means it can't find a bootable disk. I don't mean to be condescending, but are you sure this is a Tiger Install DVD, and not an "extra features" disk?

OP
I

ighly

yeah, it´s a copy from the original disk from a friend, i´m gonna try another copy ! thanks for your time

Reaction score
ighly said:
yeah, it´s a copy from the original disk from a friend, i´m gonna try another copy ! thanks for your time

its not a disc that came with someones powermac g5 or imacg5 or anything like that is it? Those arent always interchangable between models

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
You can't make a copy of Tiger from a Mac running Tiger,....

OP
I

ighly

My friend bought osx tiger separately and he already reinstall in his mac and nothing went wrong! i don´t undestand why in my ibook don´t boot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.