airport dropping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM
I keep losing my signal to my network. I can't be more than 20 feet from the router so distance is not an issue. The only way to reset it is to restart my PowerBook. Then it will only work for maybe 30 minutes to an hour. This is getting real frustrating. Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

C

cnjohnson

Have you checked the router? Are you using encryption? If so, wep? WPA? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Cheers--
Charles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
airport signal

hi
sorry to jump in but i get a similar problem almost daily

i'm running airport express to three macs, and a pc.

the signal continually drops out and loses its connection
re boot brings it back then drop out again.

any ideas? - my service provider shows no known problems
regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I have an airport extreme feeding to 1 ibook and a desktop pc. It gets great range! I even use it on my top floor 3 stories above the router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Do you have any tool to check the network log files? Any internet firewall installed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.