ichat supports google talk! what about msn?

Reaction score
I just added my google talk acct. through jabber to ichat.
I want to be able to use ichat for IM. I tried the same for my hotmail account, however it won't connect.

So what's the story? :dive:

Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Because it doesn't support audio/video chat...

"But what about tabbed chats?!"

Chax.

Reaction score
lilidc said:
I tried it again and voila its working. But I thought I would be able to use video conferencing. Any idea how I can do that..

Cant be done via Jabber. Wait until 10.5 version of iChat then it might be possible.

L

lil

Two Lils eh :flower: Mercury supports MSN Video chat. It's Java based, the UI is OK but not perfect but I'm sure that will be resolved over time.

Vicky

OP
L
Reaction score
Mercury

lil said:
Two Lils eh :flower: Mercury supports MSN Video chat. It's Java based, the UI is OK but not perfect but I'm sure that will be resolved over time.

Vicky

Thanks Vicky,

Believe me I have tried everyting, and found out about the Mercury over the weekend and downloaded it as well. Video chat is there but the viewing is not great. I guess until things change we have to thank what we have.

:dive:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.