I need to stop "uninstall cucumberhead" app so I can empty trash.

Reaction score
I have followed the following suggestion to remove Cucumberhead from my computer, and it works for the most part. I think I chose to run "uninstall cucumberhead" but found that file was also part of the software. It is stuck in my Trash folder now, but every time I try to empty the trash, it stops and tells me it can't delete it because it is running.

I also tried using the chflag nouchg command in the Terminal utility, but it still will not remove the file. Anyone know how to kill this thing so I can empty the trash?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your Activity Monitor and kill the process that's running. Then, empty the Trash.

OP
J
Reaction score
I can't identify it in the Activity monitor. It's not showing up as "Cucumberhead" or "Uninstall Cucumberhead". Any idea on the normal stuff that should be showing up in the Activity monitor? I even shut down Safari to eliminate options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Try downloading and using Find Any File.app and then do a search and destroy mission on any and all related parts.
http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/

Or try doing a Trash empty and cleanup when booted and using Safe Boot mode.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@jezmez,

The suggestions already offered are clearly the best, but a simple tip which often works in this situation is to open Trash, click on the item and the hold down Option + Command + Backspace.

If you're in luck, this will bring up an option window with "Cancel" or "Delete". If it does, "Delete" will work.

Worth a try, maybe.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.