iPod problems with mac mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
having trouble adding music to my iPod. it says it' there, but it doesn't show, any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
More information needs to be revealed, if you are looking for help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
having trouble adding music to my iPod. it says it' there, but it doesn't show, any ideas?

As already stated by Bob, you've provided us w/ virtually no information: 1) What iPod do you own; 2) What is the capacity and how much free space is left; 3) How are you trying to transfer your files; and 4) Are these music files different in format from those already on the device? Answers to these questions will help. Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 21.5" iMac. and a Mini iPad 2.
Are you signed into iTunes?

John.

OP
M
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by signed in. I have not entered my apple id etc. But what i don't understand is when i add a song to the ipod, why does it say it is there but it doesn't show it anywhere. Incidentally, it is a borrowed ipod shuffle which i borrowed because a friend in another state has exactly the same problem. In the past (many years ago) whenever i put music on an ipod, i encountered no difficulties, thanks. Maclad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
when i add a song to the iPod, why does it say it is there but it doesn't show it anywhere

Sorry, but I'm not understanding what you're saying or doing.

Maybe add some more info and a better description and you might get some suggestions.

Also, what OS versions are involved etc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure what you mean by signed in. I have not entered my apple id etc. But what i don't understand is when i add a song to the ipod, why does it say it is there but it doesn't show it anywhere. Incidentally, it is a borrowed ipod shuffle which i borrowed because a friend in another state has exactly the same problem. In the past (many years ago) whenever i put music on an ipod, i encountered no difficulties, thanks. Maclad

You need to tell us how you're adding songs to your iPod Shuffle. If you're adding songs using iTunes, that's call syncing. And what that does is remove what is currently on the Shuffle and add the song or songs you designate. You can not drag and drop songs or anything else to the Shuffle if that's what you're doing.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok, from the beginning...a friend in another state is having difficulties adding music to her ipod. Since i've bee using macs since the 80's she asked for my help, i borrowed an ipod shuffle and set to work trying to figure it out. The last time i had anything to do with an ipod you just hooked it up to your computer, got the icon, and dragged and dropped the song to it out of itunes. Worked great. Now, when i drag the song onto the icon it says it is there, but does not show on the ipod music list this is exactly the same problem my friend is having. Don't know what else to do. I am using a new mac mini running sierra. Don't know what other info there is to give. Maclad

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As stated in my reply to you above, you can not drag and drop songs to an iPod Shuffle from iTunes. It does not work that way, songs must be synced. Tell your friend to open the small instruction sheet that came with her Shuffle and read thru it. Tell her to go to this Apple Web Site and follow the instructions given.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you, i now begin to see a glimmer of understanding, again, thanks much. Maclad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.