Which language should I Use?

Reaction score
As a newbie in this area, I always heard abouy many questions about xcode and swift. What exactlt are their difference, and which one should I choose?

Please help, thanks guys~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
As a newbie in this area, I always heard abouy many questions about xcode and swift. What exactlt are their difference, and which one should I choose?.............

Hello Stephanie.... - welcome to the forum! :) A little introductory information on you would help to better understand your rather brief question; plus, a little googling should provide plenty of information, e.g. xCode 8 and Swift.

Now, I'm not a developer and do not use these programming languages, so let us know about you, e.g. are you a developer? Dave

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
For starters, you can comparing a tool and a language..:)

So let's get the basics out of the way. The free developer toolset available from Apple is called Xcode which allows you to write applications for macOS, iOS, tvOS and watchOS in either Objective-C or the newly introduced Swift. Objective-C is the language that's been around for a long time and brings object oriented programming techniques to the C language.

Swift is more like a scripting language like Python/Ruby and so on and is supposed to get you going faster by taking away the complexities of a compiled language like Obj-C.

Anyway, please tell us your programming capabilities so that we may direct you at the right thing..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.