Files In Folder Show Incorrect Time and Date In View Option Categories

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - Retina 5K, 27-inch SSD, 4 GHz i7, 32GB
On my iMac running OS El Capitan 10.11.6, files in a folder show the category info of the Date Created, Date Modified, Date Last Opened, and Date Added incorrectly. The list of files in these categories all are given the current time and date regardless of when I created the file or last modified it. The files don't retain their Date Created date and time. If I open a file created a few days ago and make an edit to it, all the Date Created, Date Modified, Date Last Opened, and Date Added info changes to the current time and date deleting the original dates and times. This issue affects all the files in a folder. Does anyone else have this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tried these and they didn't solve the issue. The folders with files' Date Created and Date Modified dates and times all match. If I open an older file, edit it, save, and close it and then look at its Date Created and Date Modified dates and times, the earlier Date Created date and time will change to the current date and time matching the Date Modified current date and time. I'm losing all my files' Date Created information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, so when did this problem start that you're aware of???

Does if happen with various app files or with just a certain app?

What app files file types are affected???

Are you using any utilities that might cause to problem??

What happens if you boot up and use Safe Boot Mode?? Does the same problem happen??

Maybe some OS El Capitan 10.11 guru will chime in here in case it's an associated problem, as I seldom use it and like my old Mavericks much better. . :Mischievous:

- Patrick
======

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I looks like this issue lies only with a specific app file -- the .cvd files, ACD Canvas Draw 3. The neighboring Adobe Illustrator .ai and Word files look like they are displaying the correct dates. See attached image of a MacOS folder with files. So, I'll have to contact ACD support to see if they have a solution. Thanks for your help!

MacOS Window.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good luck with any ACD support for Canvas and their development offices were just down the road from me, but that went kaput as did most of their takeover of Canvas that used to be such an excellent application. I think they are still in operation out of Florida.

Anyway, I'd say you've got other problems, as far as I know, the ".cdv" extension is nothing to do withe the ACD Canvas Draw app.
i.e., no sign of it here:
Supported File FormatsSupported File Formats
http://www.acdsee.com/en/support/file-formats

and the ".cvx" files are actually just Thumbnails only according to that page.

Yet they are mentioned here:
http://forum.acdsee.com/forum/canva...-3-available-i-m-extremely-disappointed/page2

all too confusing for me…

Hopefully they can help but I wouldn't hold your breath.

- Patrick
======

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The mentioned Canvas Draw 3 files are .cvd, not .cdv. ACD is doing fairly well in communicating and supporting their products. I'm satisfied that they have created last year the new Canvas for Mac app called Canvas Draw 2 and 3.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to hear.

Just curious, do you have the same problem if you still have a bootable clone with an earlier OS X version you could try rather than your current OS El Capitan???

But it does seem to point only to Canvas 3 from what you said, but did it just start with OS El Capitan install:
I looks like this issue lies only with a specific app file — the .cvd files, ACD Canvas Draw 3.

Does seem a bit odd and it would sure drive me crazy. ;P

Good luck with a solution.

PS: Do the file dates show the same incorrect date info when viewed in list view as they do when using Get Info??

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have a clone of an earlier Mac OS so can't do that.

As I look into things more deeply, this issue only shows up on the latest Canvas Draw 3 files that I've created since installing the last CD3 update a month ago. All the earlier CD3 files show the correct dates in the folders. But if I open the earlier files and make any edit and save them, the issue transfers to them also. ACD has given us three updates so far since releasing Canvas Draw for the Mac a year ago. This last update seems to be causing the problem. I've sent this info to them to review.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.