office on my intel mac

Reaction score
hey so i need a program that will open m$ office files, mainly just word and i know microsoft office 2004 for mac will run on intels but i was on the apple site and people were giving it some bad reviews. just wondering if there is anything better that will work for me or if i should just use that. price doesnt really matter, i just want the program that will work the best. thanks!

Reaction score
steve jobs stated that office 2004 for mac runs like butter on the intel macs

J

jacostilllives

office 2004 works very well for me..i cant wait untill the universal version comes out but untill then i really dont notice much of a slowdown at all and it runs very smoothly. I would just stick with office 2004 plus i dont even know if there is a program out there that will let you open or edit office files besides office. hope that helps.

Jaco

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
neo office or open office will let you do what you need but i dont know if either it universal right now but they are both free so what you got to loose?

Reaction score
I just switched from XP and use Office 2004, for Word, Excel and Powerpoint it works fine and really isn't that different from the Win versions for most things. The "Student/Teacher" version is $125 almost everywhere and gives you Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Entourage (outlook for mac).

OP
RiseAbove24
Reaction score
ok cool. thanks alot for the insight. my friends sister has a copy of office anyways so ill check it out. :)

O

opium43

I find it runs slower but... I can still remember the days of windows 95 and 150mhz cpu's and 16mb RAM... so I'd be an idiot to complain. Seriously it's fine.

OP
RiseAbove24
Reaction score
lol @ 16 mb of ram. yeah i mean how slow can word processing be. thats what i was thinking, ya kno? anyways ill give it a whirl

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.