zip file issue

Reaction score
I have a problem in my zip file, when I opened it I saw: File Path: Either multipart or corrupt ZIP archive. I don't know what to do next. Does anyone know how to repair zip file.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

The error is pretty clear on what the issue is, either you have a single of a multipart ZIP file which means you need to get the others, or more likely the ZIP file was corrupted during download/transfer. So go back and try the download/transfer again and see if the problem is fixed..

Failing that, fixing zip files is usually a little hit or miss depending on the tool. I believe tools like Winzip and others can try to fix ZIP files. Not sure anything is built into OS X to do that work..

OP
dazzle34
Reaction score
First of all I myself created this zip file.

And I need to fix it by any method.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you created it, the easiest solution would be to simply re-create it if you can.

Did you happen to get this zip file off of another drive, be it network or external? If so, it's possible that it got corrupt during the transfer. Try re-transferring it if that is indeed the case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.