• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

why does everyone hate mac!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hi there,

i was speaking to a friend and we got talking about pc's and then macs came up. He; for some reason, said he hated them and makes him quiver when he thinks about them!

i asked him why and - there was no answer! OH WHAT A SUPROSE!

just thought i would make a point that people think they hate macs but then u ask them why; they have no answer!

chris tm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
The majority of people who hate macs will give you no valid reason when you ask them. Two years ago, if you had asked me I would have told you the same thing. While Apple does have some bad points, it has many good ones as well. Most computer users see Apple as an inferior product because it doesn't use windows and they have no experience with it. Do your best to educate your friend.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, ok thanks. 2 years ago i would have said that as well. I have been trying for 3 years!

no luck

he is a serious pc gamer and builds them, overclocks them etc... - i wish he would realise that macs are just as good and most of the time better.

thanks, - keep your posts coming

chris tm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
christm said:
lol, ok thanks. 2 years ago i would have said that as well. I have been trying for 3 years!

no luck

he is a serious pc gamer and builds them, overclocks them etc... - i wish he would realise that macs are just as good and most of the time better.

thanks, - keep your posts coming

chris tm

for what your friend does a mac is not a good option (at this time). gaming is still mainly PC territory, especially if he likes to build and tweak/OC his own rig.

so in terms of gaming and building, a mac is not good.

Reaction score
I don't hate Macs. I own one and work with them a lot at my job. Personally, I like Windows more, and I don't see that changing. A lot of people say they hate Macs because they don't know enough about them or have never used one enough to get to know how to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
The people who say they hate Macs probably have two reasons deep dow. 1)They themselves have never used one, or 2)They are just jealous that we have the better computers, while they are still on the ground with a PC. Not that PC's are bad, but I find Macs to be the best consumer computer out there on the market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
People often hate/fear things they don't understand.
Just enjoy your Mac and don't worry about it, you know you have the best computer for you.
It's a bit of a pain at times though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Because Macs suck, of course.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
technologist said:

Uh oh, fanboys are going to flame you for this... :cool:

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i still like pc's but i do def, prefer macs.

keep you posts coming

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
scooter said:
for what your friend does a mac is not a good option (at this time). gaming is still mainly PC territory, especially if he likes to build and tweak/OC his own rig.

so in terms of gaming and building, a mac is not good.

ya i guess so, but i would reccomend one for his school work like i use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I once was blind, but now I See, that Mac's are for Me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
technologist said:

DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS OMGZ!! EXPOSE!! DASHBOARD!!! C'MON1!!111

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
Why does everyone care so much? It's a computer! If someone doesnt like macs, then who cares? You know the ol' saying "you can lead a horse to water..." I tell windows people all the time that tiger is much better. They only listen about 1% of the time. So I have grown tired of ignorant people talking trash about something they know nothing about. That's why now I figure,who cares? If they want viruses and spyware and Dells, who am I to stop them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
im with the texan kinda.

The reason PC people hate macs is the same reason why viking fans hate the packers or bears fans. They chose a team and they feel like they lose when their team loses.

This is of course transfered to the nerd world, where most of the hardcore PC lovers were always picked on in school growing up (I mean honestly, a hardcore PC user is usually a huge D&D dork(I have yet to meet a non dork pc hardcoreist). So now they have something they know and they take personal offense every time mac or anything out does their chosen 'team' and stay 'cool'. Now for the every day PC user, they hate macs usually because they went for cost effective, and the popular choice. People will always support what ever they bought to the death, because of Buyers Regret Avoidance Syndrome. Therefore any evidence that suggests they made a poor buy will send them into scrambling for anything to support their 'team'. Usually resulting in hate.

and wow im hung over...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Buyers Regret Avoidance Syndrome

BRAS? Hmmm...

I agree with most everything being said, which is why it's so hard to get unbiased reviews on the internet. People will defend their purchase until they die, giving it rave reviews and throwing off consumers in the mean time.

Reaction score
I am currently writing an extensive research paper on this topic, and I will share it with everyone when I finish

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
technologist said:
Yeah. MACS are the sUx0rZ. u can't right-click, u can't play ne gamez on them and they r WAAYYYYYY 2 expensive.
Windows is much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I find that people who bash Macs know nothing about them. I have a few buddies at work who would do it until I let them play with my iBook for an afternoon. Suddenly Macs are not that bad to them.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
baggss said:
I find that people who bash Macs know nothing about them. I have a few buddies at work who would do it until I let them play with my iBook for an afternoon. Suddenly Macs are not that bad to them.

def true!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.