Battery Life

Reaction score
I'd like to get an idea as to what times people are able to get out of their batteries. Yesterday, I took my MBP to the library w/out a power cord to gauge the life of the battery. When I left my house, I was not under full charge. I had about another 15 minutes before the battery was fully charged. Using Word, Safari, and MacAIM, my battery lasted about less than 3 hours.

J

Jon

I always have BT on and this is what I get.

Running Mac OS X- Just over 3 hours

Running Windows XP Pro- Just over 2 hours

I only use Office, Trillian/Adium and web browse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Jon said:
I always have BT on and this is what I get.

Running Mac OS X- Just over 3 hours

Running Windows XP Pro- Just over 2 hours

I only use Office, Trillian/Adium and web browse.

Why, may I ask, do you keep Bluetooth on?

Also, if you half the screen brightness and volume, it usually saves a lot of battery life.

And if you aren't doing any graphic work, hold down "Ctrl+Alt+Option+8", this puts the screen colors at the opposite of the spectrum. This also helps to save battery life, and is easier on the eyes of most of the stuff you normally use is white.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
If I disable AirPort and BT, I can get 4+ hrs out of mine... Otherwise, with AirPort on, I am getting around 3-3 1/2

OP
V
Reaction score
Screen brightness seems to be the key. If I turn mine down, I should be getting better battery life. Does enabling "Battery Performance" or whatever its called, adjust the screen brightness for me?

J

Jon

to_tough_to_die said:
Why, may I ask, do you keep Bluetooth on?

Also, if you half the screen brightness and volume, it usually saves a lot of battery life.

And if you aren't doing any graphic work, hold down "Ctrl+Alt+Option+8", this puts the screen colors at the opposite of the spectrum. This also helps to save battery life, and is easier on the eyes of most of the stuff you normally use is white.

I have my BT keyboard and mouse/Blackberry 8700 that I sync via BT. While I rarely use the keyboard unless I have my MBP hooked up to my 32'' monitor. But it's alot easier to use the mouse when controlling Windows XP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.