• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

I Pad Air 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Monterey 12.2 iMac 24-inch,2021 Apple M1 8GB
Hi I'm looking at buying an I Pad Air 2 in the hear future, is this a good time to buy or is there an update forthcoming. I know there is a page in the Mac magazine that advises on this but its all sold out in my area, so I was wondering if anybody might know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I don't know what Apple's plans are for the iPad. I would prefer they consolidate their offerings to iPad Pro, iPad, and, iPad mini, just to avoid confusion. If you are looking for an iPad, can I suggest an Apple Refurbished, http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals, just click on "Refurbished iPad" and see if anything meets your needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
If I had to guess, I'd suggest there will be a few changes next March. Possibly the physical home button will go, maybe OLED screen although that could be reserved for the next iPhone. The iPad just saw a storage boost so that's unlikely to change. Headphone socket will probably go and the Lightning port will likely give way to USB-C/Thunderbolt 3.

Total guesswork, btw.

Reaction score
I've seen some discounts on black friday at bestbuy fro iPad, but can't find it right now. You can search some offers on black friday at the other estores.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Monterey 12.2 iMac 24-inch,2021 Apple M1 8GB
Thanks for the info regards David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.