internet keeps freezing

V

victorialatham

I have a Power Mac G5 and I have 1mps broadband and I use an ADSL modem connected via USB. The problem is every so often it just freezes and disconnects for no apparent reason and the only way I can reconnect is to pull the USB plug out then putting it back in then connecting again. It cant be anything to do with my ISP because (a) I changed it from 512kps and to a new ISP about 2 months ago and it was the same then and (b) it doesn’t do it on my old ibook G3 it never disconnects. I’m guessing it must be something I have to change of configure on my G5. Please can anyone give me some advice, i'm going mad!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
When the computer freezes, does your internet modem stop training? It sounds like a USB issue - USB can be unreliable especially a USB broadband modem on a Mac.

If you invest in a broadband modem router and connect via ethernet, I am willing to bet the freezing with stop.

Have you repaired permissions and emptied internet caches?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.