Mac Pro video stutters when playing

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
When I get a spare moment I might try a fresh install of Sierra only but for now I plan to just reboot.

Maybe there's a chance of a conflict between Sierra & this video card. Since the Apple card is fine & I'm assuming the GeForce 780 worked ok with previous OS versions.

When you get a "few spare moments";)...could try the fresh drive with Sierra. And if this doesn't solve things...try El Capitan.:)

- Nick

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
It worked fine with El Capitan. I used sleep all the time with El Capitan. I do think it is a conflict with either how the card reacts to how Sierra brings it out of sleep or how Sierra wakes the card...or something like that.

I just haven't decided if I want the hassle as I can work around it and one thing I can count on is there will be an update or upgrade eventually. I am just thrilled I figured out what causes it and how to work around it. And I am still playing with a video card update.....hum Santa could be nice to me and.... O:)

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
A simple computer reboot in the morning for a days worth of smooth operation is not a very big price to pay.:)

If Santa was nice to you...what video card should he "stuff into your stocking"??;);)

- Nick

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Either MSI or Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 with 8gb ... sigh.... I am not sure how my MP will like it but I do and I have a Windows editor that can handle it if there is a problem. We shall see.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.