Best Way to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone 7+

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac, High Sierra, 32 GB Memory
My wife and I have never had an iPhone before. That's about to change as my wife is getting the 7+ in a couple of weeks. We've had the Galaxy series of Androids for years. I've been researching to find the best way to transfer all her 'stuff' to the new phone.

This site, http://www.sync-droid.com/transfer-everything-from-android-to-iphone-7-plus.html#part3 has two methods. The first one is the Apple App, "Move to iOS", and then there's an app called "Syncios Phone to Phone Data Transfer".

Which one, or maybe a different app, do you guys recommend to get the job done?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I recommend using the "Syncios Phone to Phone Data Transfer". There have been some problems with the "Move to iOS" app. Make sure you have a good backup of your Android phones before doing the transfer.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tough to decide which way to go when two of the most knowledgable guys on the forum give you conflicting advice. :D

I'll be sure to backup the phone before transferring. Thanks guys.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a problem, try it both ways and whichever way works best for you, use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What data do you need to transfer? Contacts? Photos? Anything else?

The simplest way, to me, is to get the data onto a computer, this way you have it and then can put the data you want on the next phone.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We used the Syncios Phone to Phone Data Transfer app for the transfer. Worked well except for the pictures that were stored on the removable SD card. I just loaded those pics into Photos on my wife's iMac and let the Cloud transfer them to her phone. She misses some of the features of Android, but overall she's happy with the phone.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Which features does she miss? There may be a way to duplicate the features on the iPhone.

Good shot getting the data transferred by the way.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Misses things like:

Swiping down to expose icons to quickly turn off BT, Data, WIFI, Audio Mute/Vibrate.

Being able to close all open Apps with a single button.

Typing texts by sliding your finger around the keyboard to spell the words.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hopefully the following links will prove helpful:

Swiping up from the bottom of the iPhone screen brings up the Control Center. This controls some of the features that you want to turn off / on easily.
If you want to close those screens because you are annoyed by them being there I don't know of a quick way to do that. If you are concerned about these apps chewing battery life that is usually not much of an issue. Many of these apps are not actually open.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WOW, thanks for that info. That takes care of two of those three issues. I REALLY was one of those guys swiping all those apps up, thinking they were actually open and using the battery.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're welcome. I've been that guy too.:Oops:

BTW The apps that appear to be open do not usually draw juice from the battery because they usually close a few minutes later as the article suggests. If there is a problem with an app draining power, it is usually due to the app remaining open for something like live updating of data. Stock apps may do this as well some weather apps for example.

Edit: I should have mentioned this during the last post but I needed to check it out first. I don't think that can be done with the standard IOS keyboard but some third-party keyboards apparently have that ability. This article mentions a few possibilities but also has some other typing tips as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My wife and I have never had an iPhone before. That's about to change as my wife is getting the 7+ in a couple of weeks. We've had the Galaxy series of Androids for years. I've been researching to find the best way to transfer all her 'stuff' to the new phone.

This site, http://www.sync-droid.com/transfer-everything-from-android-to-iphone-7-plus.html#part3 has two methods. The first one is the Apple App, "Move to iOS", and then there's an app called "Syncios Phone to Phone Data Transfer".

Which one, or maybe a different app, do you guys recommend to get the job done?

Warning, I know not much about which I talk. My wife and I just upgraded from Samsung Galazy S "Fasinate". After purchasing iphones elsewhere (you donot want me to go into that) went to Verizon to assist in transfer. These phones were old and I had not installed updates. One Verizon retailer tried for one hour and said "too old and not updated" so go to full service Verizon store where they can use "The Machine." Said machine transferred data from my wife's android device to new iphone 7 plus with little problem.

Said machine would not recognize my phone although it was identical to my wife's. Long story short, eventually, service rep took card out of my old phone, put in his Verizon business phone and transferred data. So, all of this is to say, if you are not a lot more technically savvy than me, you might want to get some help with this.

Just trying to help. Thanks to all on here who have helped me over the past few years. I'm gradually moving to all things Apple. iMac for several years, 2 iphone 7 plus's, and new ipad on horizon. (possible second mortgage of house also). Note: Point of all this was to say transfer apps, etc will not work sometimes unless you are somewhat current with phone and updates.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can try phone transfer, which is a professional software to transfer contacts, call logs, text messages, photos, videos, musics, calendar and apps between Android and iOS devices.

Think you’re a little late to the party. ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.