• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New Blog: Playing with the new iPhone 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice review Tracy. I've decided to keep my iPhone 6+ at least until next year when the iPhone 8 is supposedly coming on the scene. At least that's what the current rumors say - skipping a 7s and 7s+ upgrade. Never know what Apple will do. :)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I think I will stay with the iPhone 5s as long as it continues to be compatible with major upgrades and functions as expected. I'm always at least one model behind. Purchased iPhone 5s just after iPhone 6 was released and it is only just two years old. Now we are anticipating iPhone 8. If new releases continue at this pace my next new model will be an iPhone 10.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
I intended to replace my 5s with a 7 Plus, until I realized that next year is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. Coupled with the rumours from "usually reliable sources" about OLED displays, full glass construction, no physical home button etc, I decided to wait. The 5s still performs flawlessly, in any case.

Part of the Apple appeal is the longevity of the products so it seems quite reasonable to me to expect at least 4 years out of a phone before passing it on to the next user. My original 4 is still being used by my friend's 10 year old, last I heard.

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Gee, that's a great point maybe that will give me justifiable reason to upgrade.

Reaction score
I have an old phone. and I want to buy a new one. but I just can't choose which is better iPhone 7 or Samsung S7?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I have an old phone. and I want to buy a new one. but I just can't choose which is better iPhone 7 or Samsung S7?

You are you not even comparing two similar devices. It's one thing to compare 2 different generations of iPhone or the regular iPhone versus the Plus version of the same generation, but the Samsung Galaxy S7 is an Android device and you're better of first deciding WHICH platform you want to begin with. Either iOS or Android. Then choose the one that matches the features/price that you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro

Take your time and compare them multiple times. I believe you will have 14 days with either one to compare against each other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12

Depends what you mean by "better". The iPhone 7 is the most powerful phone on the market, followed by the iPhone 6, so if it's raw power you want, there's nothing else to consider.

However, if your usage will be better served, for any reason, by Android, the iPhone is not even a consideration.

It's not even possible to offer any guidance, without knowing something about your needs and intentions.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not that I know of. Provide some links about the alleged heating problem. The only thing that I have heard and read about the iPhone 7 is that its battery doesn't last as long as it should.

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think what was said is quite true about platforms. If you have a Mac computer then the choice is pretty obvious. It is possible to load information from an android onto a mac but it's severely limited compared to the iOS OSX integration with shared apps, contacts, account, passwords etc.
If on the other hand you have a Windows PC then for the same reasons I would go android but bear in mind you can backup and sync an iPhone with the Windows version of iTunes however the options for other features are limited.

Reaction score
My wife use a iPhone 5 for 4 years, and just upgraded to i6s+, the old iPhone 5's touch screen got failure after replaced.
I want said i6s+ still a great phone.

Reaction score
I have iPhone 6 . My girlfriend has an S7 edge.

Hardware wise, her phone is superior in every way. Better screen, camera is amazing, ridiculously good battery life. And gorgeous.

I'm jealous actually. The only reason I still have iPhone is that I have an apple watch and a MacBook, and I like my crap to work together.

But apple really needs to step its game up in the phone world. When I started with smartphones, Apple was head and shoulders above the others. Then Android caught up. Now apple is behind in my opinion.

I will wait until september or so of 2017. If apple wows me with an iPhone 8, I will get one. If not, I may go back to android.

The iPhone 7 just gives me no reason whatsoever to upgrade.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like Ford Mustangs, you like Chevy Camaros. ;D Everyone has likes and dislikes, but this thread is not about opinions. It's a blog regarding the iPhone 7. Therefore we will close off this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.