• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Favorite movies all the time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Easy for me, The Day The Earth Stood Still. The original not the waste of time remake.

I bought the remake. Bonus material was the original on BluRay, and you're right. It was vastly superior to the new version.

Since I have a post to finish, I'll chuck in a few more favourites.

Apollo 13, along with anything else with Tom Hanks in it, except the FedEx commercial.
The Imitation Game. Alan Turing is something of a personal hero.
Gladiator. Awesome soundtrack.
Lord Of The Rings.
A Few Good Men. For the Jack Nicholson monologue, which he did in one take.
Inception. Great story.
Gravity (3D). Spectacular video and sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dimensions 1.4 inches (36 mm) H 7.7 inches (196 mm) W 7.7 inches (196 mm) D Weight 2.7 pounds (1.2 k
I like Step Up 2

Reaction score
These are my favorite movies.
Shutter Island
Blood Diamond
Forest Gump
Terminal
Lord of the Rings (1-3)

Reaction score
Reservoir Dogs
Rocky
Memento
Braveheart
Inception
Die Hard
The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
On The Waterfront.

Reaction score
Well My Fav of All Time

Well my all time fav movie is Shawshank Redemption and than it has to be Cast Away by Tom Hanks! I just love these 2, i was glued in front of TV the whole time while watching these, and they left a big mark on my heart even today! Finest work in english cinema! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 in Sierra 10.12.3
Good movies all, but I think The Hudsucker Proxy is my favorite.

Pat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" 2012 MacBook Air iPhone 5s , iPod (80GB), Blue Apple iMac G3 (For sh!ts and giggles ;o)
I luv my James Bond collection. Cant pick just one!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I luv my James Bond collection. Cant pick just one!

Who was your favorite James Bond actor? (Lots to choose from.)

Mine was Roger Moore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Who was your favorite James Bond actor? (Lots to choose from.)

Mine was Roger Moore.

I liked Roger Moore also mainly because of Live and Let Die.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" 2012 MacBook Air iPhone 5s , iPod (80GB), Blue Apple iMac G3 (For sh!ts and giggles ;o)
Who was your favorite James Bond actor? Mine was Roger Moore.
I liked Roger Moore also mainly because of Live and Let Die.

Definitely Sean Connery first, followed by Moore than Craig. Always had a soft spot for George Lazenby's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", even though it's the only one he played in.

Cant say the same for the Pierce Brosnan & Timothy Dalton, only 'cause I didn't care for those Bond movies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If George Lazenby had made two or three movies. The bond chain might be a lot different.

Pat

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A bit of trivia here about the Bond actors: Actually Roger Moore was chosen to do James Bond but at the time he was tied up in a contract to do the TV series "The Saint". Sean Connery was the second choice and wound up getting the part in "Goldfinger".

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
If George Lazenby had made two or three movies. The bond chain might be a lot different.

Pat

Well, Pat, just to be contentious, I thought George Lazenby was embarrassingly awful as a James Bond and there appeared to be no chemistry between him and Diana Rigg (I think it was). The fight sequences were....awful. But, what the heck, live and let die, eh?

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Not sure it's a favourite but definitely my most memorable. 'Old Yeller' was the very first film I saw at the cinema as a young child. I cried all the way home!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Definitely Sean Connery first, followed by Moore than Craig. Always had a soft spot for George Lazenby's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", even though it's the only one he played in.

Cant say the same for the Pierce Brosnan & Timothy Dalton, only 'cause I didn't care for those Bond movies.

A bit of trivia here about the Bond actors: Actually Roger Moore was chosen to do James Bond but at the time he was tied up in a contract to do the TV series "The Saint". Sean Connery was the second choice and wound up getting the part in "Goldfinger".

Well, Pat, just to be contentious, I thought George Lazenby was embarrassingly awful as a James Bond and there appeared to be no chemistry between him and Diana Rigg (I think it was). The fight sequences were....awful. But, what the heck, live and let die, eh?

Ian

Well, I've seen virtually all of the Bond films over the decades, and own at least 1 w/ each actor (2 w/ Connery) on DVD or BD (the exception is George Lazenby - feel like Ian); but my favorite to watch remains The Living Daylights - love the interaction of Timothy Dalton & Maryam d'Abo and the changes in locales; BUT, have to admit that I've always liked to look at the young Diana Rigg - as for Craig, I bought the first one, saw several more but was bored w/ the CGI specials and their predominance - in the end, choosing Bond films is a very personal decision, IMO - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 11.41.33 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Ian
Its been many a moon(raker) since I have seen it, But I remember that I enjoyed it.

Pat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini: OSX 10.15.6 Catalina, 8GB Ram, Samsung Series 5 SC570 monitor, Seagate external drive.
Just a few, off the top of my head:
Cool Hand Luke
We Were Soldiers
Deliverance
Inglorious B**ta*ds
The Hustler
Apocalypto
T-2
Heat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.