Photos from imac to iphone not working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Playing with the Photo and Camera settings on my iPhone, I find that if I set iCloud Photo Library to "On" that I get a message saying "Photos Synced from iTunes will be Removed" and "Syncing photos via iTunes is not supported when iCloud Photo Library is turned on"

Could it be that this is your problem?

If this option is set to "On", what happens if you set it to "Off"? Are all your photos then displayed?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
I really appreciate all of your help, I finally got airdrop to work, only it put all of the pictures I sent into camera roll :( I will work around it somehow).
I sent a picture of how I am set up in Itunes, I dont want ALL 3-4,000 pictures, too hard to find what I want at a glance.So I just have this ITUNES.jpg set up.The problem as stated waaaaay back is that ALL folders show on my phone, but only HALF (or so) pictures are in there.They are all jpeg,so I have no idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
did you try my suggestion above?

yours is exactly as I have my iTunes set up to sync, but if I turn iCloud Library "on" on my phone, I lose the images

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
did you try my suggestion above?

yours is exactly as I have my iTunes set up to sync, but if I turn iCloud Library "on" on my phone, I lose the images

I truly am sorry to be so dense, but when I turn icloud images 'on',I get all of them on my phone? What am I doing wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think you are doing anything wrong and certainly not being dense :)

My photos are set up exactly like yours - to sync selected albums via iTunes. I only have one album synced that way.

If, however, on my iPhone settings I set iCloud Photo Library to "On" I lose the contents of the synced album. I don't know why this happens but suggested you try it just in case it yielded the same results for you - i.e. you had iCloud Library set to "on" and it was causing your missing images and that by setting it to "off" might make your images re-appear if you re-sync them. It seems in your case that this is not the cause.

Back to the drawing board....

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sad, but true :( I wish I could resolve it, I have done as you suggested previously and it did not work.
It is so frustrating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.