Dual monitors with my powerbook

D

dwdrum88

I'm about to purchase a computer monitor, and want to synch it with my powerbook. i plan on using the new monitor and the computer monitor together, so do i need to purchase anything to be able to do that, and if not, how do i get my powerbook to use both of the monitors. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If your Powerbook is fairly new then it came with most necessary connectors/adapters. What connection does the monitor have? VGA?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
just plug it in, open system preferences, displays, detect displays and then play around til you get everything the way you want it.

your p'book should have came with a funny looking cord if you need an adapter for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, powerbook
dwdrum88 said:
I'm about to purchase a computer monitor, and want to synch it with my powerbook. i plan on using the new monitor and the computer monitor together, so do i need to purchase anything to be able to do that, and if not, how do i get my powerbook to use both of the monitors. thanks
I will sometimes hook up a moniter to my powerbook. You are supplied with all you need to do so. The powerbook manual will show you how but it's almost self explanatory. There's a short, white plug that goes into your monitor port and that attaches to your moniter's cord. In short, no, you don't need to purchase anything additional.

OP
D

dwdrum88

so i will be able to use both monitors in synch with each other right? it wont just display the same thing on each one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Correct. Hit F7 to turn on/off mirroring.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.