iCloud & PhotoStream

Reaction score
(can't find an iCloud forum, so I'm putting it here....)

I have plenty of capacity in my iCloud account. When I upload photos (from camera) to my iPad they go into the Camera Roll, then they show up in My Photo Stream, then they show up on my other devices. All good.

But, when I log into my iCloud account on my desktop, the Photos folder is empty!

My iOS Photos settings are iCloud Library-OFF, My Photo Stream-ON, iCloud Sharing-OFF.

If the photos are synced across my devices, why are they not on the iCloud web account? Why is my iCloud web account empty?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Because to achieve what you want, you need to turn on iCloud Photo Library

At the moment you just have My Photo Stream. This means that if you a take a picture on any iDevice with it switched on, that picture will appears on all iDevices and on your Mac if it switched on there too. Whilst the pictures in iDevices self destruct around 30, those on your Mac remain.

If want to store your pictures in the cloud, you need to turn on iCloud Photo Library.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.