Anyone in the UK help with broadband advice?

Reaction score
Hello all those in the UK.

I'm about to setup a new wireless network in a new house but need some user advice concerning BT broadband.

Has anyone had any experience with using the Basic BT broadband package with a Belkin wireless adsl modem router?

I've heard rumours that the basic account has issues with 3rd party routers, basically because they want to charge you more for an account the 'supports networking'.

Thanks to any advice that anyone can give.

MG

M

MJGUK

I don't know a great deal about BT and their packages relating to Broadband.
Although generally, from what I hear I wouldn't exactly recommend them to anyone.
I'm on Eclipse and whilst all ISPs have their problems, I find them to be pretty good.
Certainly one of the better ISPs.

OP
mig.gentry
Reaction score
I'm currently using NTL and they do the job just fine.

Unfortunately the place i'm moving to already has BT so i have no choice but to work with it.

Reaction score
I use BT Yahoo! INternet with a main Belkin Router and it works perfectly, once it is set-up correctly its fine, the problem is setting it up!

OP
mig.gentry
Reaction score
digg said:
the problem is setting it up!

How so? I'm not gonna have to spend hourson the phone to BT am I? I have much better things to do with my time! :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
no i shouldnt think so mine took all of 45 mins and that's including typing in the mac address' wrongly into the Access Points config page :D

Reaction score
It began ok and easy to set-up but it went down quite a few times but then I fixed it somehow!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.