What am I doing wrong

Reaction score
Hi, N00b here. Just bought my new iMac but having problems ripping & burning dvd's.

I have got Mac the Ripper and bought Toast Titanium for my Mac but cant manage to get a copy done yet.

I have tried to rip 2 DVD's using Mac the Ripper and on both it has come up with a warning at the end saying the video has 'bad sectors"

I then open Toast and using the DVD_Video from Video_TS option and drag the Video_TS folder from the DVD I have ripped to Toast as instructed it starts compressing and then brings up a box saying
Quote:
" The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x24
INVALID FIELD IN CDB

I have also tried using Handbrake to rip the dvd's but that scans the dvd saying its scanning the titles but then just freezes

Anyone have any ideas please?? Its an Intel iMac.

BTW purely legal, making copies of ones I've bought for daughter so she can take on holiday with us

Thanks in advance for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
I only get bad sectors on dvds that have been scratched to holy ****. Go to www.ripdifferent.com and check out their forums. An answer might be there.

Reaction score
krusty363 said:
Hi, N00b here. Just bought my new iMac but having problems ripping & burning dvd's.

I have got Mac the Ripper and bought Toast Titanium for my Mac but cant manage to get a copy done yet.

I have tried to rip 2 DVD's using Mac the Ripper and on both it has come up with a warning at the end saying the video has 'bad sectors"

I then open Toast and using the DVD_Video from Video_TS option and drag the Video_TS folder from the DVD I have ripped to Toast as instructed it starts compressing and then brings up a box saying
Quote:
" The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x24
INVALID FIELD IN CDB

I have also tried using Handbrake to rip the dvd's but that scans the dvd saying its scanning the titles but then just freezes

Anyone have any ideas please?? Its an Intel iMac.

BTW purely legal, making copies of ones I've bought for daughter so she can take on holiday with us

Thanks in advance for any help

Boot camp your Mac, then you will have the problem of "which ripper do i use"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.