Mac Forums Application slowing down your iPhone

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I opened up my MacForums app last night after updating my iOS in the morning and got a text box I have not seen before. I'm sorry I did not take a screen shot at the time but it said something to this effect, "This app may be slowing down your iPhone. The developers need to update thier app".
Just passing it on. Did anybody else get this?:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
I've seen it on another app that hasn't been optimized for iOS 10.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just passing it on. Did anybody else get this?

I got the same message Rod. Don't worry about it as long as the Mac-Forums app continues to work, it's OK. However, there will likely be a time in the future when it's no longer compatible with newer versions of iOS. And since iNET owns the app, you can expect there will not be any further development on it. As you know iNET sold out to Penton and when we reminded them about the app, they never responded. Keep using it as long as it works. :)

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Well it works perfectly in a browser so I use the app mostly as quick catchup on new and participated posts. Be a shame to see it go but I suppose I'll just enjoy it while it lasts. I only got that notification once, subsequent launches work as before.

M

MacInWin

I've seen that message on several apps now. Mostly older ones that haven't been updated in a while but still work on iOS 10. I'm expecting some of them to stop working next iteration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.