• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Support is Terrible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Plus with Apple Support, being put on hold isn't as mind bending as it is with some other PC Companies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I had to make my first support call today because I registered my AppleCare but had not heard anything for 4 weeks. It took me all of 30 seconds or less to speak to someone, the guy was very nice, he found out why the registration number did not go through their system, fixed the problem and I was done in less that 10 minutes. The best news was I could understand the guy, unlike when I call Dell support with my Axim x50v and am talking to "Bob" in who knows where, except that Bob is def not familuar with engrish.

Reaction score
hm, compaqs support is awesome as far as i can tell. but all i really needed from them was a driver so i could see the volume control when i use it from my keyboard. lol. but they replied to me rite quick. apple seems decent though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
It all depends on the company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
dimagex20 said:
It all depends on the company.
more specifically it depends on who you get, it doesnt matter what company you call, if the person you get is rude or in a bad mood, you probably wont have a good experience. as much as we all do it, its not really right to blame the entire company for bad service

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods
It seems my problem has been solved.
Apple phone support did offer some decent help, I gave them props in the email survey. Fixed the problem myself.
I stand by my opinion that Apple online chat support is worthless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I didnt know they had online support, but I dont think ill be using it to often if its bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
UK Apple support is second to none. Even at the busiest times of the day, you are never on hold for more than 10 minutes.
Tell that to Dell boy.
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Bill Gates said:
Yeah, me too its annoying
Am I missing something?
Evidently this ******* has nothing better to do with his time, so writes irritating, and pointless posts?
What the **** is wrong with you?!
I'm sorry i really don't get this one..
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Just ignore that guy, he owned about 12 different UserID's

Reaction score
Geez, I have worked as an IT professional for decades, and never seen such poor support from a vendor. At first they seem superior, speaking english well and usualy very kindly. But they are very difficult to reach (long hold times, dropped calls, not returned calls), and unable to address problems with my brand new defective Macbook pro. I you call during support hrs, and wait in the hold cue, they will drop your call after waiting for an hour because the cue was so lang and exceeded their operating hrs. They might be able to help if you want to know how to look up your favorites in the brower, but for any real problems, you just get a run around. Incredible frustration and hrs and hrs of time spent trying to get the problem fixed. I am glad I did not purchase the additional Macs I planned, though I am still suffering from a useless computer and useless support. I still have a useless box after spending thousands of dollars on a brand new computer. They will only provide a refund if you pay 10% fee even if the system is defective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
TBH I wasn't overly impressed when my mac was sent off for 6 weeks and came back with a new HDD. I could have done that in 10 bloody minutes if they'd have told me that was what they were doing. As it was I couldn't boot properly, took it in to ask them, they said they'd never seen that problem before, and mailed it off!

On the other hand I buggered up my whole network the other day and called them - answered on the third ring, problem solved in 10 minutes (possibly because I was just being dense).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.