Dead Pixels

O

opium43

Just wondering if the mac wty covers dead pixels... Cause I've got an intel 17" w/ a dead pixel or two.

Having said this they are green which I think could be stuck pixeld... I know with the PSP's there was a video you could run for like 12 hours that would fix the pixels if they were stuck like this... any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
In the UK, dead pixel and monitor replacement/repair is dependant upon whether it is a class 1 or class 2 or even class 3 device, which your documentation will tell you.

If it is class 1 - this is zero tolerance in the industry standard and the monitor manufacturer is obliged to repair/replace under warranty.

Class 2 allows for so many dead/stuck pixels before you can get it replaced (I think it is around 4 to 6)

Class 3 device has to have even more dead/stuck pixels etc...

However, if you are in America, I am unsure what the industry standard is for dead pixels etc - but it is probably similar. Your documentation/warranty should outline what is acceptable and the class of the device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.