ipod universal dock output?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
i bought a universal dock (the one with a remote) and have been using it hooked into my amplifier fine and now, i bought an s-video cable and a 3 ring headphone to video/stereo audio cable. i tried to use the s-video cable but my tv doesn't have an input and my dvd player just has an output. so i am trying to use the other cable and it just outputs the audio and grey static/noise lines across a black background that seem to go to the beat. (not like it was meant to do that). i don't know what the problem is and any help would be fantastic.

thanks,
dylan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The Universal Dock (or it's predecessor, without remote functions) has a separate miniDIN S-video output and 3.5mm-minijack line out for audio. Unlike the iPod itself, which has a combined audio/video minijack, there's no video signal comming out of the Dock's minijack, only audio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Have you tried flipping the A/V jacks around? Apparantly Apple does something wierd with the iPod's output that makes audio/video come out of different ports than it says it does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.