SSD not recognized on Mac Mini

Reaction score
I just installed an SSD on a Mac mini. I am trying to recover my data onto the new drive from an external hard drive using time machine. The Mac recognizes the backup drive but not the new SSD. I opened the machine up again, all cables are connected and not damaged. Am missing a step or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7, 8GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, High Sierra; iPad 3rd Gen, 32 GB, iOS 9; iPhone 5E, 64 GB, iOS 11
We need a little more detail. Which Mac Mini (part of year and year would be sufficient, e.g. Late 2014). Also, which OS are you using? What is the config of the disks? Are you booting off of an internal HDD and attempting to install an internal SSD? When you say that the Mac doesn't recognize the new SSD, where are you looking? Disk Util? Also, we'd like to know the brand which version of SATA of the SSD. As much detail as possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.