Poor volume for alerts on iPad Air2. Getting worse!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2012 MBP i7 2.6 GHz 16GB Ram Catalina. iPad Air 2, iPhone 12
My wife's iPad Air2 has recently been suffering with poor volume for alerts. Playing music is fine but messages , email, calendar alerts etc are very quiet. I have checked settings and can't find anything obvious.
Is this a known problem or is the iPad dying a slow death? I hope not, it is only about 14 months old. :(:(:(:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - I also have an iPad Air 2, about 2 years old - if not already done, check in Settings -> Sounds to see what the 'sound level' status may be (see image below, blue arrow) - if not the problem, then I would suggest a 'Reset' of the iPad (i.e. hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - may take 10 secs or so - then release and allow the device to re-boot; nothing will be lost w/ this maneuver). Let us know if either of these solve your issue. Dave :)
IMG_7127.PNG

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My wife's iPad Air2 has recently been suffering with poor volume for alerts. Playing music is fine but messages , email, calendar alerts etc are very quiet. I have checked settings and can't find anything obvious.
Is this a known problem or is the iPad dying a slow death? I hope not, it is only about 14 months old. :(:(:(:(

Thanks for the reply. I had already checked the sound level settings but tomorrow I will try the reboot as suggested and let you know the result. Here's hoping!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi RedDave. Tried the reboot option but still the same. I think a trip to the Apple Store tomorrow is on the cards.

Thanks, Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi RedDave. Tried the reboot option but still the same. I think a trip to the Apple Store tomorrow is on the cards.

Thanks, Ken

Hi again Ken - sorry for the sound problem - hope that Apple can help. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.