LCD (ONLY) Repair

Reaction score
I cannot find a guide on how to replace the LCD (only) for the following specs on a MacBook Pro

LCD (ONLY) Replacement for the following Mac Book Pro. 2015, Model A1502, EMC 2835, Serial Number # C2QQ21F8GKJG

I can take off the screen without any issues but need help on doing the rest. Please help, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Check out the iFixit Guides for your specific MBPro model - see screen capture below - there is a 'display assembly replacement' guide but on my brief perusal seems to be for the entire top of the laptop, plus their price is not cheap (i.e. $400) - good luck and let us know if this is the information desired. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 5.47.37 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Patrick - I watched the first 10 mins (1+ hr video) of the first link above, where the top display assembly was being very tediously taken apart vs. the iFixit guide in which the entire top unit was replaced (yes for more $$ but a lot quicker) - did a screen capture (below) from the video and noticed the TUMS in the back of the bench - probably a necessity in some of these disassembly jobs! ;)

Guess that our OP needs to balance the cost vs. the time of such a repair - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 7.34.09 PM.png

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I noticed the same thing Dave!;) I watched & listened to the whole video while doing other things...and I was getting tense when he was doing some steps (I think I could have used a couple Tums).;)

The repair guy actually mess's up and replaces the display BEFORE he should have (48:50 of the video)...which is kind of good...just shows that even experts make mistakes. Plus he's making the video...thus maybe he was thinking what to say during the repair for the video. Everything turns out fine...:)

Just an FYI for anyone with "sensitive ears". The repair guy drops the "F-Bomb" about 10-15 times (maybe more)...so be prepared!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I noticed the same thing Dave!;) I watched & listened to the whole video while doing other things...and I was getting tense when he was doing some steps (I think I could have used a couple Tums).;)

Hi Nick - LOL! :) The TUMS should probably have been removed - ;) After the tiny 'screw count' hit several dozen or so, I stopped watching - the iFixit guide seemed simpler & safer, although obviously more costly - not sure 'why' the OP needs just the LCD replaced vs. the entire top unit, but will await a follow-up post. Dave :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I checked on prices. I believe the LCD panel by itself is about $230...the complete display assembly (the much easier repair) is about $450.

It's a lot of work. But the approx. $220 savings may be enough motivation for this labor intensive DIY project for some folks. And of course prices may vary...maybe a better deal on eBay.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
- did a screen capture (below) from the video and noticed the TUMS in the back of the bench - probably a necessity in some of these disassembly jobs!

Etc., etc…
LOL!!! I didn't watch to catch all the details and missed that part…

But maybe a large glass of wine or a bottle of Whiskey or so and maybe a glass would make more sense to have handy and ready for such a procedure…

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.