Gray Menu Unable to Burn for Backup of files.

C

Chester

Unable to undo gray menus. In the finder I can not click BURN Disc or Customize Toolbar. My account is the Administrater. If that makes me the System Administrater--What do I have to do to allow myself access. Point is I can not backup my files on a CD. Can Not afford to loose what I have.

OP
C

Chester

Chester said:

Unable to undo gray menus. In the finder I can not click BURN Disc or Customize Toolbar. My account is the Administrater. If that makes me the System Administrater--What do I have to do to allow myself access. Point is I can not backup my files on a CD. Can Not afford to loose what I have.

TESTING

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
repair disk permissions is the only thing that i can think of. if not that i would think that you have a busted cd-rw drive

OP
C

Chester

trpnmonkey41 said:
repair disk permissions is the only thing that i can think of. if not that i would think that you have a busted cd-rw drive
Still burns for iTunes--I can do a repair disk permission with disc utility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Chester said:
one two three?????? :confused:

You said testing in the message before and he was adding 1,2,3 like testing 1-2-3 sorta thing

Have you tried burning in a 3rd party app like toast or something of the sort

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.