Internet Bandwidth Monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
My iMac will be hopefully all ready on Tuesday when my hard drive arrives and I install OS X.

As it is going to be my primary internet machine, I'll need some kind of bandwidth montor because our internet is limited and I need to keep track on how much I use per day/month.

On my Windows laptop, I use Rokario Bandwidth Monitor for realtime speed monitoring and DU Meter for daily logs and to pop up a warning when a daily limit has been exceeded. Unfortunately they are not available on Mac.

So can anybody help me find a good bandwidth monitor please? Thanks in advance.

OP
wicker_man
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, thanks I'll note it down and give it a try when my mac's working.

Can you set it give notifications when you have exceeded a certain limit in a set period of time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
wicker_man said:
Can you set it give notifications when you have exceeded a certain limit in a set period of time?

Not that I am aware of... It really just shows you your totals since your last reboot. Although if you are like me you only reboot once a month or so you may actaully be able to judge it that way.

OP
wicker_man
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I turn my computer off at night (the noise of the fans etc annoy me as my desk is close to my bed).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.