Bonjour problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Well I think it's bonjour anyway.

A few days ago I noticed the 2 WD My Cloud drives on my LAN do NOT appear in the Safari Bonjour menu.

Next I tried connecting to them via Finder. When I click on them in the sidebar I get anything from "connection failed" to "this server does not exist", "can't be found"... Spotty transfer speeds and so on.

I have 3 other Macs, 2 Windows 10 PCs and assorted mobile devices and can all connect and use the My Clouds without issue. So I'm reasonably sure the problem is just this machine.

iNet reports there are zero services running on the drives.

Is there a way to force bonjour to refresh, clear a cache or something else I might be missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Do you have the firewall enabled on the Mac? Maybe try turning it off temporarily at least?

OP
IronMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Nope. Doesn't affect it either way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
There is a Bonjour cache of sorts - it's the DNS cache. See this site for details on clearing it on various operating systems: https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/clear-the-local-dns-cache-in-osx/

You may need to reset the devices, or possibly shut them down and restart them at a minimum so that they will re-announce themselves on the network. It sounds like your Mac may be trying to access them by name, and those names are resolving to incorrect IP Addresses. A DNS cache clear-out might be required on the Mac along with a restart of the devices to re-announce themselves on the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.