Where is Sierra?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPad & iPhone
Last night I downloaded Sierra which takes 2 to 3 hours with my slow broadband. I went back to my iMac after dinner and it confirmed that Sierra had been downloaded. However, when I go to About This Mac I am told that I am still on El Capitan. This is a Mid 2014 iMac. Whatever is the problem?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
However, when I go to About This Mac I am told that I am still on El Capitan.

Downloading Sierra does not mean Sierra was installed. That's why About This Mac says "El Capitan".

To find the Sierra installer...look in your downloads folder or your Applications folder.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
The installer automatically starts, but it is waiting for a response from the user. It may well still be open and waiting for you to accept or start the installation. If it is not still open, then, as Nick pointed out look in your Applications folder for Install macOS Sierra.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPad & iPhone
Many thanks gentlemen. I found it in the Applications folder as Ferrarr indicated and it worked perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.