Iwork, Pages for long documents?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Duo mini, Macbook 2.4 Gig
I am thinking of starting a writing a book on my new mini (dual core). I have Iwork on the computer. Does anyone have any experience with longer documents using Pages? I would consider a third party program if Pages is not practical (gets clunky on longer documents). Also being new Pages, is the software set up to oraganize longer documents?

Overall as a switcher just trying to stay away from Microsoft products. Purely subjective, based on past experiences. Trying to stay with mac as much as possible.

Any opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
pages works fine on longer documents.....i Had one that was about 300 pages long and it worked fine.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Duo mini, Macbook 2.4 Gig
very cool

Since I am new to Pages is there a way to organize or index chapters, so that you can go to different sections of the document. I guess there is the thumbnail window...

I guess what I need is some good reference litereature to help me learn the program. The pdf document it comes with is reall brief.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.