• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Port Forwarding in Azureus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 1,66 + iMac 20" 2,16 + MacBook 1,83 (512 mo, 2Go, 1Go) + iPod Shuffle/30Go
Hello everyone,

I am stomped. I have been looking all over the net for help on opening my UDP/TCP ports in azureus so that I can download torrents quickly but i am unable to get more the an average of 40kb/s with a spike to 50 everyonce in a while. When i first opened Azureus I was gettin in the 100kb/s and then when I closed it and opened again the next day it said that I have a NAT error. So I started googling but I cant seem to find anything on this.

Can you guys please help me?

I have a linksys WRT54GC router connect to cable and am using port 28829 in Azureus. I opened these ports and for some reason it wont work. Also I have been noticing that more and more people are using ports above 50000 but when I enter a port above that in my router it wont accept them, why not?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you if you disconnected from the internet and signed on again you have the chance of having your router assign you a different ip again (eg: 192.168.0.101 instead of xxx.xxx.x.102) you can assign certain computers to an ip address within your router.

i think that sounds like your problem

M

MJGUK

coach_z said:
you if you disconnected from the internet and signed on again you have the chance of having your router assign you a different ip again (eg: 192.168.0.101 instead of xxx.xxx.x.102) you can assign certain computers to an ip address within your router.

i think that sounds like your problem
Yep

I think your problem lies with the fact that when you forward ports you have to define a server which first takes control of these opened sockets....from there you can also share the port forwarding to other clients on your network.

However if you have not specified a permanent IP address (otherwise known as Address Reservation) for your server within your router's DHCP server settings, then the DHCP server will merely reallocate the computer a different IP address every time it connects. Thus loosing any previously setup port forwarding.

The solution is therefore to make sure the server you listed for your port forwarding is allocated a permanent IP address on your network.
You should be able to easily access these settings within your router's config setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.