Updated software

P

Ponocerous

just wondering, before i purchase my MBP, what popular software wont run on the intel chips? im interested in adobe video/audio/photo suites, dvd copying software, final cut, MS Office, etc... also what are the plans for updates?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
everything will run. Some will just run slower than others. Eventually all software will be updated to run natively on the Intel Chip, right now the ones that haven't run under somethign called Rosetta, which emulates a PPC chip...so they run slower.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
everything will run, it just depends on wether it will run under rosetta emulation or not (there are a few exceptions)

final cut studio will run natively
dvd copying use MTR but i dont think it is universal yet
office is not universal yet but it is word processing, how slow can it get under emulation?
check out the adobe FAQ's to find out what programs wont run on intel chips....adobe will not release a universal binary until its next major release, but i believe (and they hint to it in their FAQ) that this may happen at the begining of 07

OP
J

jaisai01

i am using Adobe PS CS2 on a 1.83ghz w/ 2gb mem and i am not having to much of a delay even with intensive work..... hope that helps
arul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea if your gonna be running apps that arent universal just shove the machine full of ram and it shouldnt be too bad

OP
P

pbook24

aperture wouldn't run under rosetta for me. Its universal now so its fine but just a point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Here you will find the current list of software run native on OS X. As MacAttack said, eventually all the apps. will run on Intel Macs, native.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.